Frequently Asked Questions
We tallied up the inquiries and these are the questions we get asked the most. If you have any additional questions please email us at [email protected]!
- What age do I have to be to book a campsite? Adults 21 and over may book tent sites. Adults 25 and over may book RV and Rental sites.
- Are you open year round? We are a seasonal campground open from the start of May through Columbus Day in October.
- Do you need a fishing license for the pond? No we are a private property and you do not require a fishing license. The lake is catch and release.
- Is there swimming in the lake? No the lake is available for boating and fishing only.
- Do you have lifeguards? There are no lifeguards on duty. Children 16 and under must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian over the age of 18 while in the pool area. While in the pool, parents must be within arm’s length of children that are non swimmers or weak swimmers.
- Are you dog friendly? Yes we accept well behaved dogs. We have a list of our dog rules on our website. We have a dog park located in the front of the Campground, specific dog friendly rentals and doggie pot stations throughout the campground. If you are staying in a rental please bring an extra sheet to cover the couch or the bed if you pet is accustom to jumping up on them.
- Do I have to bring my own tent? If you are tent camping then yes. If you forget yours we have options to purchase in our store
- Do you have seasonal sites? Yes, If you are interested in a Seasonal site you may fill out an application located in the Seasonal Section of our website and email it to [email protected]
- Are you allowed to have a campfire? Low and contained campfires of a 3 X 3 X 3 size are allowed in the contained fire pits on site. The exception to this is if there is a County wide fire ban in issued by the NJ Forest Fire Association.
- Is it loud at night? Depends, there are nature noises and human neighbor noises. Remember you are sleeping in a tent! We find that ear plugs work well to help drown out nature and snoring husbands. If you have an issue with a noisy neighbor, please call our after hours Security Line. DO NOT SUFFER.
- Are there bugs? It depends on the time of year, the humidity level and the amount of rain that we have had. We have found that bug sprays containing DEET work the best. There are a lot of options out there that will suit the needs of your family. We also have “Kinda-camping” sleeping options for those who are just not going to risk the bug thing.
- Do you allow alcohol? Yes but we have the expectation that above legal age limit adults will consume responsibly and not be driving while intoxicated on the property in any type of vehicle. Please no glass containers especially in the pool area. While you are in the common areas of the campground we appreciate alcohol to be in cup or other container.
- Can we have guests? There is a limit of 4 guests per weekender site. Guests must be preregistered in the office during normal business hours. There is a guest fee for adults and children. Unregistered guests will be immediately asked to leave the campground.
- What do I do with my garbage? Garbage must be placed in our bear proof recycling and garbage dumpsters located in our main parking lot. Do not leave garbage on your site.
- Am I allowed to bring my own boat? Yes you may bring your own boat as long as it is a hard sided boat, you remove it from the general area after use and wear life jackets!
- Do you have a lost and found? We have a lost and found on the back porch of our store. We keep lost valuable items in the store. When an item is left behind in a rental we call our customers to see if they would like us to mail the item back to them at their cost.